Contractor’s Responsibilities Under Florida Workers’ Compensation Law
For the benefit of our policyholders in the construction industry, we have shared a document that summarizes contractors’ responsibilities under the Florida workers’ compensation law.
- What kinds of businesses are classified as “construction”?
- What are the workers’ comp requirements for a business in the construction industry?
- What’s an exemption and how does it work?
- How can I obtain workers’ compensation or an exemption?
- What if I hire a sub-contractor?
- How do I make sure the sub I hire has a valid workers’ comp policy or a valid exemption from workers’ comp?
- Why it is important that I file my company’s Annual Report with the State of Florida every year?
- What are the requirement for out-of-state construction businesses doing work in Florida?
You can check out the document by clicking this link.