Caton Hosey’s Roots in Port Orange Date Back to 1948
The partnership of Caton and Hosey have been tremendous for over 30 years. Below is the history of Caton Hosey Insurance from our start back in 1948 to the present.
1990-PRESENT: Becoming Caton Hosey Insurance
Present day, both partners, Rex Caton and John Hosey, look forward to many more years of service to our local community of Port Orange and the Greater Daytona Beach area.
In 1994, John Hosey joined the agency, adding growth and acquiring ownership. The agency was renamed Caton Hosey Insurance; Rex moved into the CEO role and John became the President, roles in which they serve to this day.
In 1990, Rex Caton acquired ownership and became President.
1959-1989: Growing a Family Business
In 1986, Caton Insurance Agency continued its success as Richard’s son, Rex Caton, joined the agency after college and become a CPCU, CLU, CIC.
In 1980, the current office on Nova Road in Port Orange was built. Since then, it has seen a number of upgrades and expansions over the years as we grew with the community. 30-years later, our “home” was starting to show it’s first signs of aging… many of us can relate! So, we set to work getting Caton Hosey Insurance ready for the next 66 years of service to our clients.
In 1959, Frank retired and D.S. passed away, leaving the future of the business to his son Richard Caton, who continued the growth and expanded to a new building at our current location.
1948-1958: Founding a Family Business
In 1952, Frank’s brother, D.S. Caton, joined the Caton Insurance Agency.
In 1948, It started with our founder, Frank H. Caton, who was in the life insurance business for many years. His commitment to the community drove him to serve in the Army in World War I and the Navy in World War II. After the war Frank became the state commander of the American Legion of Florida. His influence through the American Legion put him in a position to support legislation creating a government agency to keep our state highways secure. The first policy written by the Caton Insurance Agency was an insurance policy on all patrol vehicles for the new Florida Highway Patrol.