Tips About Flood Insurance
Know your flood facts:
Flood insurance is not covered by your homeowners, business or other property policies.
- 25% of all claims occur in low to moderate risk flood areas.
- Everyone lives in a flood zone.
- There is a 30 day waiting period for a policy to take effect.
- In the US, flooding is the #1 natural disaster
- Federal Disaster Assistance – if it is available after a flood, is usually a loan you must repay with interest.
- The NFIP provides coverage up to a maximum $250,000 for the structure of a home and $100,000 maximum for personal possessions.
Flood coverage can be as low as $129 per year for a preferred risk homeowner policy and $162 for qualified business owners.
Call Caton Hosey Insurance to find out how much a flood policy will cost for your home.
Additional resources and information: